Saturday, June 26, 2010

Nothing fresher then home grown

This week's vegetables were uninspiring.  There's only so many ways to cook collard greens and and swiss chard. But thats ok, I had plenty of other food to pull from: left over Thai food and curried goat.

But soon enough I'll have something even fresher then CSA vegetables, home grown vegetables.  My peppers are coming out!  The first several flowers just shriveled and fell off, but then I decided to stick my finger in a few to see if that would crudely fertilize them.  Apparently that was the trick as there are now three peppers growing. Since then I've moved on to sticking a q-tip into the flower - it just seems gentler.

I've grown plenty of herbs before: basil, dill, mint, thyme.  But this is the first actual vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment