Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CSA 15: Tomato Watermelon Salad


This week was one of those rare CSA weeks without any leafy greens.  None.  No lettuces, no chard or kale, no herbs.  Nada.

So what’s a girl to do for lunch?  I mean I don’t particularly like lettuce based salads, but I’m used to them.  But no worries, while I got no greens, I did get one of my most favorite summer treats – a watermelon.

My first instinct was to make one of my old summer staples, watermelon gazpacho.  And I still might.  But for my lunch today I made a tomato-watermelon salad.  And it was super delicious.

The key is to cut everything into approximately the same size chunks and to wait to add the cheese at the last minute right before eating.

Tomato Watermelon Salad
6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ green long pepper, cut into large bite sized pieces
¼ red onion, diced
¼ small ripe watermelon, cut into small chunks
Gorgonzola cheese crumbles

Cut everything & mix.  It’s that easy and that tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment