Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CSA 14: Stuffed pepper with salsa


Since I make my rice and beans with boil in a bag rice and canned beans, I can’t easily control my quantity and always end up with more then one serving.  That’s ok.  I love my rice and beans.

With a fresh shipment of veggies I decided to dress up the rice and beans by stuffing it in a bell pepper and serving some fresh salsa on the side.

The tomatoes were of the golden orange variety and another peppercino ripened on my kitchen plant, each giving the salsa a lovely color.  And the onion and peppers gave it some nice bite.

Stuffed Pepper
An ounce or two of cheese (I used Asiago)
1 bell pepper that can stand up, the top cut off and hollowed out

Preheat oven to 375.  Pack the pepper with rice, beans and cheese.  Bake for about 30-40 minutes.

Salsa
About 6-8 cherry tomatoes
½ red onions
½ green long pepper
1 red peppercino
Good salt

Put everything in a food chopper and chop until salsa consistency.  Let sit at least 30 minutes before eating so all the flavors meld together.

No comments:

Post a Comment